Tuesday 5 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend Stitching!

This is what I've been working during our long Bank Holiday weekend and whilst watching the Jubilee celebrations.

Following discussions and seeing 15 sided biscornus completed by others, I decided to have a go.  After all I've done regular biscornus, so how much more difficult can it be!  This weekend I found out, its a great deal more difficult!!!

Here are the 15 square panels that are all different but using only combinations of white, pink and green threads on a dark blue 14 count aida material.

15 panels

Then following instructions, put it together and after some unpicking of seams in the wrong place - I finally finished it today.  I must admit I am really pleased with the way it turned out but I am not sure I will be attempting another one in the near future!!


 15 Sided Biscornu - Top


15 Sided Biscornu - Bottom

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!!! It was worth a try, eh? I love the designs and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo !
    you made a great job
    I love the fabric, never used such a colour ! but it's perfect for your biscornu
    you can attempt another one =)
    this one is a success
    hugs from France
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky this is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete