I am feeling rather pleased with myself today, even if I do say so myself!!! I actually got out the sewing machine and made up some finished designs into hangings. It is the first time I have done this, so am rather pleased with the results.
After the lovely week of lazing around, its back into the busy schedule of school runs, volunteering, work and housework!
I've spent the last couple of days trying to get a bit more organised. I've sorted through all my UFO's and picked out a couple of small ones to try and finish. Also had a big sort out of all my card blanks today, I get them from Craft Creations, so sorting them out into the same code groups. I have a few small finished pieces I wanted to make into cards but as usual, I don't have the right blanks for the job!!! Looks like a little shopping trip is in order!
Not at work this evening, so looking forward to feet up and stitching out!
After the extended Bank Holiday and Jubilee celebrations, yesterday we finally settled into our school holiday. As I am off work too this week, Katie and I are enjoying some lovely peaceful days!! Yesterday, we had to go and get Katie's repeat prescription and then went into town. I managed to find a pair of shoes and some missing threads I needed. Katie spent her pocket money on some sticker and colouring books, so she's got something to do now! When we got back, I got the washing on the go, cleaned the fridge out and then sat down to some stitching. Can't show any pics, as it's my BFF's birthday card and don't want her accidentally seeing it!! Today, it's raining again, so more washing in the tumble dryer (house feels like launderette!) and more stitching - told you I love school holidays!!
This is what I've been working during our long Bank Holiday weekend and whilst watching the Jubilee celebrations.
Following discussions and seeing 15 sided biscornus completed by others, I decided to have a go. After all I've done regular biscornus, so how much more difficult can it be! This weekend I found out, its a great deal more difficult!!!
Here are the 15 square panels that are all different but using only combinations of white, pink and green threads on a dark blue 14 count aida material.
Then following instructions, put it together and after some unpicking of seams in the wrong place - I finally finished it today. I must admit I am really pleased with the way it turned out but I am not sure I will be attempting another one in the near future!!